CVM at a glance
View information about the Veterinary Medical Center, The Raptor Center, and the Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, as well as student enrollment and faculty information.
How we rank
Each year, the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges provides comparative data for the 28 veterinary colleges. The following are highlights of how the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine compares with its 27 peer colleges.
Class of 2017 profile
- Applicants: 1,031 - male: 217 - female: 814 (78%)
- Resident applicants 217, Non-resident applicants 814
- Enrolled students: 102
- Minnesota residents: 57
- Average GPA: 3.74
- Average GRE: 1250
- 96 students received DVM degree.
- 3 students received MS Degrees.
- 8 students received PhD degrees.
- 2 students received dual DVM/MPH degrees.
- 2 students who are in the US Army Veterinary Corps who received their commissions immediately following the commencement program.
- 39 students tracked Small Animal
- 31 students tracked Mixed Animal
- 9 students tracked Inter Disciplinary
- 12 students tracked Food Animal
- 5 students tracked Equine
Date updated: January 2, 2014