Companion Animal Fund
The Veterinary Medical Center's Companion Animal Fund provides one-time grants to assist qualified clients, including nonprofit organizations, with treatment of companion animals. The Companion Animal Fund is supported by client donations, so the availability of funding varies.
To qualify for a grant from the Companion Animal Fund, the following qualifications must be met:
- The animal's medical condition must be acute, non-recurring, and non-routine, such as a fracture or foreign body ingestion. Chronic, congenital, and terminal conditions are not covered.
- The animal must have a good medical prognosis.
- The animal needs humane euthanasia in an emergency situation.
- The client must complete the CareCredit application before requesting money from the Companion Animal Fund.
Non-profit organization criteria include:
- 501c(3) status
- References from veterinarians
- Background in placements
Reasons why the client or non-profit organization is applying for assistance are to be documented in detail on the application.
How to apply for a grant from the Companion Animal Fund
If you are a Veterinary Medical Center client and would like more information about applying for a grant from the Companion Animal Fund, contact Denise Marrone, Veterinary Medical Center cashier, at 612-624-2256.
How to make a donation to the Companion Animal Fund
Please contact Andrea Fahrenkrug, development officer, at 612-626-6501 or email@example.com.
Credit card contributions can be made 24 hours a day online through the University of Minnesota Foundation. Please specify the particulars and your contact information should there be questions.