CAHFS Global Initiatives
|Center for Animal Health and Food Safety Global Initiatives (formerly known as Global Initiative for Food Systems Leadership) aims to foster integrated and harmonized global food systems to improve global food security. This requires three critical elements: collaborative One Health capacity building at the interfaces of animal, plant, human, environmental, and economic health; leadership development and skill building courses and activities emphasizing core competencies like communications and systems thinking; and the formation/facilitation of effective public-private partnerships. |
One Health Capacity Building
- CAHFS Global Initiatives promote trans-disciplinary, cross-sectoral collaboration to address global grand challenges using systems thinking
- CAHFS Global Initiatives engage global networks and captures synergies to enhance the adoption of One Health approaches.
- CAHFS Global Initiatives seeks out new champions and advocates to promote One Health approaches for addressing the complex challenges at the interfaces of human, animal and environmental health
Leadership Development and Skill Building
- CAHFS Global Initiatives develop and deliver a portfolio of leadership development programs utilizing an experiential educational design, specifically for adult learners.
- CAHFS Global Initiatives programs span the public-private-academic sectors and consider the food system in its broadest scope
- CAHFS Global Initiatives program participants include mid to senior level officials from government and industry, emerging leaders, university faculty, and early-to-mid career graduate and professional students.
- CAHFS Global Initiatives leadership development and skill building programs and activities include: Leadership for Global Grand Challenges Course, and the Executive Leadership Program in Food Safety
Global Public-Private Partnerships
- CAHFS Global Initiatives seeks to raise awareness and expand understanding of the inter-related roles of government, industry and civil society.
- CAHFS Global Initiatives facilitates public-private-academic partnerships involving government agencies, private sector companies and organizations, non-government and inter-governmental organizations, as well as other educational institutions from developed, developing and in transition countries.
- CAHFS Global Initiatives partners with a variety of organizations to catalyze incremental progress on the grand challenges facing the global food system.
- Examples of CAHFS Global Initiatives global public-private partnerships programs include: One Health Global Partnerships Workshop, and Engaging Intergovernmental Organizations program
|Inter-Governmental Organizations (IGOs) |
Collaborating Educational Institutions
Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
Catalog of One Health Activities and Programs
Video: GIFSL Executive Director, Will Hueston discusses global food systems