Farm to Table
About the Program
Participants will explore the food system from farm-to-table in Costa Rica while considering aspects of animal welfare and health, food safety, food protection, and public health. Site visits along the food supply chain, facilitated discussions with key government and private sector leaders, and interactive cross-culture group activities are designed to integrate knowledge and skills in food safety, animal health and public health.
- Develop awareness, understanding and familiarity of the food system in Costa Rica and appreciate the global integration of public-private practice within food systems.
- Promote and catalyze collaborative group leadership through:
- Network building opportunities
- Experiential and structured learning activities
- Collective group activities
Who Should Attend
- Food and animal health industry professionals
- Government regulators and policymakers
- Students in veterinary medicine and other academic graduate health certificate and degree programs
Photos Featured Above are from Farm to Table 2011
Farm to Table 2012
Location: Costa Rica
English Brochure | Spanish Brochure
Program Activities and Highlights
Activities in Costa Rica will highlight the farm, processing, retail, government and academic sectors of the food production chain. Site visits will include an extensive beef cattle operation and local dairy farms; chicken and beef slaughter plants, dairy processor and a seafood plant; supermarket; and animal and public health organizations.
For Further Information:
Please contact Sarah Summerbell at 612-626-1948 or email@example.com
Past Farm to Table Programs