BA Chemistry, Lafayette College (1992)
DVM, University of Minnesota (1998)
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC)
American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)
Society for Critical Care Medicine
To advance goals created by the interdisciplinary Spontaneous Trauma in Animals Team (STAT) in development of a spontaneous animal model to improve the outcome of trauma patients.
To advance goals created by the ACVECC Veterinary Committee on Trauma (VetCOT) in creation of a national network of “lead” hospitals (university and private) to seed development of trauma systems that will collaborate to define high standards of care (Guidelines), design and deliver trauma education as well as establish and maintain a veterinary trauma registry.
Volume resuscitation, goal-directed therapy
Evaluation of spontaneous trauma in clinical cases to gain knowledge on its manifestation, interventions, and monitoring in dog and cats, and in translating findings to human medicine.
Fluid therapy, volume resuscitation/treatment of shock
Professional Skills (Course Coordinator, CVM 6014)
- Hall KE, Powell LL, Beilman GJ, Shafer KR, Skala VK, Olmstead EA. Validation of a portable near-infrared spectroscope for measurement of tissue oxygen saturation levels in canine patients. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care 18(6) 2008, pp 594–600.
- Kovi R, Wunschmann A, Armien AG, Hall K, Carlson T, Shivers J, Oglesbee MJ. Spinal Meningeal Oligodendrogliomatosis in Two Boxer Dogs. Veteriary Pathology, published online 4Feb13, doi:10.1177/0300985813476056.
- Peterson KL, Hardy BT, Hall KE. Assessment of shock index in healthy dogs and dogs in hemorrhagic shock. JVECC, in press.
- Hall KE, Beilman GJ, Shafer KR, Skala VK, Olmstead EA, Powell LL. Measurement of tissue oxygen saturation levels using portable near-infrared spectroscopy in clinically healthy dogs, IVECCS, September 2008.
- Helmbold KA, Powell, LL, Brearly, AM, Hall KE. In vivo effects of Hydroxyethyl Starch (HES) on coagulation parameters and clinical outcome in dogs, poster presentation, IVECCS, September 2009.
- Kovi C, Armien A, Hall K, Carlson T, Oglesbee MJ, Wünschmann A. Diffuse oligodendrogliomatosis in the spinal cord of two dogs, 2010, ACVP.
- Gray S, Hall KE, Powell LL, Schildt J, Brearley AM. Tissue oxygen saturation in canines presenting for acute hemorrhage, IVECCS, September 2011.
- Hall KE (presenter), Holowaychuk MK, Sharp CR, Reineke E. A multi-center eight-week prospective cohort study of 301 dogs sustaining trauma, IVECCS (presenter), September 2012.
- Peterson K (presenter), Hardy B, Hall KE. Assessment of shock index in healthy dogs and dogs in hemorrhagic shock, IVECCS, September 2012.
A Phase II trial evaluating goal directed therapy including tissue oxygen levels in canine patients with evidence of shock. Hall KE, Peterson KP, Tart KT, Salcedo M (AKC-Canine Health Foundation, $12,960)