To request CVM Communications services, please complete the service request form. Please note that requests for publications, brochures, other printed materials, and web design must be approved by the dean, your department head, or director. For printed pieces, we will need an EFS number for Printing Services before we will proceed with the project.
Some friendly reminders about processes and procedures
- Contact us at least six weeks before the piece needs to be available to readers, but after you have a clear idea of your message and intended audience.
- Submit text, photos, and all other necessary material at least four weeks before the project needs to be completed. For publications that are more than eight pages in length, text, images, and other material must be submitted at least six weeks before the project needs to be completed. This includes one to two weeks for printing. If CVM Communications is providing writing or photography services, additional time may be required.
- Text and photos must be approved by your director, department chair, or dean before being provided to us.
- Web site changes that cannot be completed by pagemasters must be approved by the Web site’s content owner before being provided to us.
- We will edit text for grammar, punctuation, usage, consistency, clarity, conciseness, and to adhere to University of Minnesota style. Text that will appear on the Web also will be edited for Web readability and accessibility. Fact-checking is the client's responsibility.
- We may work with you to suggest alternative and/or additional formats for your message.
- CVM photographs and images are available for use, or you may provide images. If specific images are needed, we may provide photography services, or a freelance photographer may be hired at your expense.
- If you want to produce your own printed piece or e-communication for distribution to an external audience of 100 or more, you must first present the piece to CVM Communications for review. We may ask that revisions be made to comply with University of Minnesota graphic standards or style.
- If we are not able to provide a service, you may be referred to an outside vendor that can provide the service at your expense. In this case, the project should be submitted to CVM Communications for review after it has been designed but before printing.