The Minnesota Urolith Center was established in 1981. We provide:
- Quantitative urolith analysis utilizing
- Polarizing Light Microscopy
- Infrared Spectroscopy
- Additional methodologies available include
- Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy
- X-ray Crystallography.
- Database of over 950,000 veterinary samples
- Epidemiologic data identifying risk factors for urolithiasis
- Recommendations on urolith dissolution and prevention
- Consultation services
- Clinical Studies
- Lectures and seminars around the world to disseminate knowledge about management of urolithiasis
We are staffed by board certified veterinarians and specially trained professionals qualified in the analysis and interpretation of biogenic minerals from veterinary patients.
Supported in part by an educational gift from
Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc