Facilities Manager, Tim Gordon
612-625-1960 – Office
612-363-3406 - Cell
Building Services Supported:
The CVM-Facilities Resource Center is established to respond to security issues (keys/card access, security concerns), project assistance (renovations, infrastructure, or repurposing space) and other less routine support. If you ever have a question about who to call, you can always check with us and we’ll help determine the best solution for your concerns!
For basic Facilities Management concerns, please call or e-mail the FM Call Center at:
- For example:
- Bulbs out in office light fixtures
- Supplies out in washrooms
- Waste not emptied
- If you are experiencing a chronic problem with basic services, please let the CVM-FRC know about it so we can advocate for you and help resolve the problem.
Keys / Card Access
- Unlocked/broken doors
Phone / Data Moves, Adds, Changes
- Projects/space renovation
- New conduit/wiring
- “Standard” NTS services like adding features or swapping phone lines between already-wired locations should be handled by the department.
- Space surveys/space database management
- Office/cubicle/lab Moves
Renovation, including Infrastructure Changes
- Office moves
- Renovation management, including paint, lighting, carpet/flooring, electrical, furniture, etc.
- Lab shutdown
Capital Equipment Acquisition / Installation
- Ultralow freezers
- Fume hoods
- Biological safety cabinets
- Other equipment requiring utility connections
Equipment and Furniture Disposal
- Biological safety cabinet annual certification
- Autoclave maintenance
- Hot/cold office or lab
- Snow removal/snow plowing
- Pest control
- Floor refinishing
- Carpet cleaning
- Other issues
- Other issues not listed – call us!