Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
1333 Gortner Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
- DVM. Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco, Brazil
- M.Sc. Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil
- Dr.Vet.Med. Justus-Liebig Giessen Universität, Germany
Diplomate American College of Veterinary Pathology
- Comparative neuropathology
- Infectious disease of neotropical wildlife animals
- Diagnostic ultrastructural pathology
- Diagnostic pathology
- Ultrastructural pathology
- Pathology of zoo and wildlife
- CVM 6299 Veterinary Pathology (Neuropathology and ear)
- CVM 6502 Diagnostic Pathology: Senior/Junior Student Necropsy Rotation
- CVM 6930 Medical Management of Zoo Animals
For a listing of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine and to Google Scholar
Morris Animal Foundation: Investigation of the multiple-malformation syndrome in Alpacas and Llamas associated with choanal atresia, 2008-2010
P.I. Aníbal G. Armién
Association of Avian Veterinarians: Comparative Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain in Four Avian Species, 2008-2009
P.I. Patrick T. Redig, C.I. Aníbal G. Armién
AHC Faculty Development Grants, UMN: Neural Stem Cell Responses to Viral Encephalitis, 2007-2009
P.I. Maxim C Cheeran, C.I. Aníbal G. Armién
Honors and Awards
1996 - 2000 Doctoral scholarship awarded by "Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)", Germany.
1992 - 1994 Research scholarship awarded by the "Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado do Rio de Janeiro", Brazil.
1990 - 1992 Masters Science scholarship awarded by the "Conselho Academico de Pesquisa e Ensino (CAPES)", Brazil.
1984 - 1988 Diploma scholarship awarded by the “Panama-Brazil student exchange program”.
1980 - 1982 High School scholarship awarded by the "Instituto Nacional de Agricultura, Dr. Augusto S. Boyd" of the Panamanian Ministry of Agricultural Development, Panama.