M.V. University of Concepcion, Chile (1995)
M.P.V.M. University of California, Davis (1997)
Ph.D. University of California, Davis (2002)
Analytical methods in infectious disease epidemiology with emphasis on:
- Pooling methods for the diagnosis of animal diseases.
- Modeling of transmission within populations.
- Quantitative methods in animal disease surveillance.
- Sampling design for disease monitoring and biosecurity.
- Evaluation and application of diagnostic tests
- Veterinary Clinical Epidemiology
- Diagnostic Epidemiology
For a listing of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- Diagnostic and molecular epidemiology of PRRSV in nursery pigs.
USDA PRRS Integrated Program (sub-contract). 7/01/04 ? 6/30/05, $24,900 (Principal Investigator)
- Evaluation of sampling and testing strategies for monitoring of PRRS virus infection in boar studs
National Pork Board 1/1/05 ? 1/1/06 $40,477 (Principal Investigator)
- Investigation of factors impacting the rate of PRRSV transmission in nursery and finisher pig flows and assessment of transmission rate and timing on economic performance.
National Pork Board 1/1/05 ? 1/1/06 $176,000 (co-Investigator; PI in sub-contract for $21,800).
- Field evaluation of an ELISA test to detect turkey flocks infected with avian pneumovirus.
Midwest Poultry Consortium 3/1/05 ? 3/1/05 $53,000 (Principal Investigator).
- Development of cost-efficient herd testing protocols based on testing of pooled samples using ELISA
National Pork Board 10/1/05 ? 9/30/06 $45,424 (Principal Investigator)
- Evaluation of the diagnostic performance of assays used for the screening of infectious disease agents in swine.
Rogosin Institute 9/1/05 ? 8/31/06 $75,000 (Principal Investigator
Honors and Awards
- 1995 Chilean Association of Veterinary Medicine. Best Student of Class 1994 of the School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Concepcion, Chile.
- 1995-1998 Presidente de la Republica de Chile scholarship.Government of Chile.
- 1998-1999 American Association of University Women scholarship.
- 1999-2001 Eugene Lyons scholarship. School of Graduate Studies, University of California, Davis.
- 2000 Association of Teachers of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine. Graduate Student Award, Oral Presentation category. Epidemiology and Health Economics section, 81 st CRWAD meeting.
- 2003 Foundation's 2002 JVDI Award, Brief Communication category.
- Albert Rovira (PhD student ? June 2007)