Avian Orthopedic Workshop
At this time, we do not anticipate offering this workshop in 2013. Please check back for more information as it becomes available.
This one-day intensive workshop will provide veterinarians with both didactic and practical knowledge of avian orthopedic repair. A minimum of five registrations is needed to hold this workshop. This workshop will run from 8:00am to 6:00pm.
- Online preparatory material to be reviewed prior to attending workshop
- Hands-on learning with our expert staff in our internationally renowned center
- Basic fracture repair utilizing ESF/IM tie-in for long bones of the pectoral and pelvic limbs
- Advanced fracture repair including:
- modifications of the ESF/IM tie-in
- Type I/II fixation
- mandibular fracture fixation
- management of elbow luxation
- non-surgical orthopedic repair
- Post-operative management of orthopedic cases.
- Opportunity to discuss your cases with Drs. Patrick Redig and Julia Ponder.
- Eight (8) hours of approved CE credit.
Early registration (before April 1, 2012) -$350.00
Late registration (after April 1, 2012) -$400.00
Must be a licensed veterinarian. Meals included in registration fee. Please note in detail any dietary restrictions when registering.
Lodging and transportation are the responsibility of the participant. The conference hotel is the Ramada Plaza in Minneapolis. There is a shuttle service to/from The Raptor Center, and from the lightrail to get to the airport and to Rosedale Shopping Center. To make reservations, call 612-331-1900 or toll free 877-774-4315 as a direct line to the hotel. Mention The Raptor Center Avian Orthopedic Workshop for the discounted rate of $85/night. The website is www.ramadaplazampls.com
Offered as a pre-conference activity for the Basic Raptor Rehabilitation Workshop at The Raptor Center from May 1-4, 2012. Must be a permitted wildlife rehabilitator with two years of experience or have a close association with a permitted rehabilitator.
Fax - (612) 625-5755
Online - www/cvm.umn.eduVetMedCE
Phone - (612) 624-3434 or 1-(800) 380-8636