The Raptor Center depends on the hard work and generous time commitment of more than 300 volunteers. Hours volunteered count toward meeting the requirements of the Minnesota Master Naturalist program.
We offer a number of volunteer opportunities. To find one that fits your interests, visit our volunteer opportunities page.
General requirements for TRC volunteers
- Must be 18 years of age or older (some special event volunteers may be 12-17 years old, if supervised).
- Must be willing to commit to a regular schedule (typically 4 hours once a week) for a one-year period on an assigned crew.
- Most crews require health insurance, an insurance waiver, and an up-to-date tetanus vaccination.
- Some tasks may require valid driver's license with a good driving record and proof of car insurance.
- All volunteers are required to attend a new volunteer orientation.
How to Become a Volunteer
Once you have looked at the general requirements and the various volunteer opportunities to identify your interest, contact our volunteer information email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your area of interest and availability. Please understand that we receive a high volume of inquiries and we will respond as soon as possible.
Volunteer orientations take place throughout the year. As vacancies occur, we contact applicants for a phone and in-person interview.