352 Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
1333 Gortner Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
B.V.Sc. Panjab Agricultural University, 1966
M.Sc. Haryana Agricultural University, 1968
Ph.D. Haryana Agricultural University, 1972
Specialist Microbiologist, American Academy of Microbiology, Washington, D.C.
- Pathogenesis and control of viral infections in livestock and poultry
- development of methods for the detection and prevention of human and animal viruses in food, water, and environment.
- Development of rapid methods for the detection of viral infections in livestock and poultry.
- Scientific Writing and Speaking
- A Career in Science
- General Virology
- Advanced Virology
- Viral Diseases of Livestock and poultry
- Viral infections of humans
- Environmental Virology
For a listing of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine, and Google Scholar.
Measurement of particle sizes associated with airborne viruses. NIOSH. $1,490,500 (2008-2012).
Survival of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus and pocine circovirus on pork and pork products. National Pork Board. $77,365 (2008-2009).
The role of astrovirus and other enteric viruses in poult enteritis syndrome. Rapid Agricultural Response Fund. $119,200 (2009-11).
Poult enteritis leads to light turkey syndrome. Minnesota Turkey Research and Promotion Council. $56,016 (2010-11).
Honors and Awards
Competitive Fellowship, Dept. of Atomic Energy, 1969-72
Honors in M.S. and Ph.D.
Internat. Dir. of Distinguished Leadership, 3rd. Ed., 1990.
Civil Service Award for Outstanding Faculty, 1991.
Pfizer Award for Research Excellence in Veterinary Medicine, 2005