Funding Opportunities and Resources
CVM Signature Program Funding Opportunities
Comparative Medicine Signature Program
Emerging and Zoonotic Diseases Signature Program
Population Systems Signature Program
Internal Funding Opportunities
Internal Funding Opportunities at the University of Minnesota
New Funding Opportunities from the Food Policy Research Center
The complete Request for Proposals are at the FPRC Website, news section.
- Up to $5000 each will be awarded for the completion of the 2 page issue briefing
- Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Funding announcements will be made within 2 weeks after receiving your proposal.
- Completed issue briefs will be due 5 weeks from the proposed start date indicated in the proposal
- Funds are non-recurring
- Funds can be used for faculty, graduate student, and project-specific personnel salaries (i.e. post-doctoral research assistants, etc.) associated with the development of the issue briefing. Principal investigator must be a UMN faculty member
- Up to $40,000 each will be awarded for two to three analysis
- Analyses must focus on regional, national or global food and nutrition policy issues
- Completed analysis must be completed within 6 months of their start date, and must be started by September 1, 2013
- Funds are non-recurring
- Funds can be used for faculty, graduate student, and project-specific personnel salaries (i.e. post-doctoral researchers, research assistants, etc.) associated with the development of the scientific analysis. Principal investigator must be a UMN faculty member
Extramural coordinated funding opportunities
Are you looking for an opportunity to collaborate? Find a list of coordinated funding opportunities at the OVPR website: http://www.collaborate.umn.edu/explore/external_coordinated_funding.cfm#.T2k1KFKnJ0h. This list features externally funded grant opportunities that require university coordination because the sponsor has limited the number of applications an institution is allowed to submit. Each posting has a link to sponsor specific information as well as detailed internal submission instructions.
External Funding Opportunities
Federal and international agencies
Databases of publications and grant opportunities
Grant writing resources
Grants toolkit, pre-award
Guide to Research Compliance
Research Education Requirements - Research Education Requirements Questionnaire. Faculty members engage in many types of research, scholarship and must complete a variety of research education requirements. In addition, faculty members may supervise students and/or staff who must meet research education requirements.
Regulatory issues at the University of Minnesota
For new investigators
Training (Online Tutorials, workshops and Guides)