MS VMED timeline
The following timeline is recommended for all MS students in the VMED program. Following this timeline ensures you will complete all program requirements and progress through the program in an efficient and timely manner.
Submit all forms to Office of Graduate Programs (OGP), Room 443 VMC.
- Begin coursework.
- Required courses are:
- VMED 8134 Ethical Conduct of Animal Research
- VMED 8550 Veterinary Medicine Seminar (2 credits)
- At least one course in Biostatistics (two are recommended)
- At least one additional 8000-level course in major field
- Submit Graduate Degree Plan for approval at the beginning of second semester.
- Select thesis committee members and submit form for approval at the beginning of second semester.
- Complete first committee meeting during your first year and submit committee meeting report form.
• Complete remaining coursework.
• Schedule two committee meetings to discuss thesis proposal, approximately once every six months and submit committee meeting report forms.
• Complete research project and write thesis.
Summer of Year Two or Year Three
- Request graduation packet from Graduate School Website.
- Submit draft of thesis to advisor for approval.
- Submit thesis to committee members (provide at least three weeks for review).
- Submit Application for Degree to GSSP: Graduate Student Services & Progress (part of graduation packet).
- Contact CVM graduate program office with date, time, and location of thesis defense (at least two weeks prior).
- Get committee signatures on thesis reviewers report form (part of graduation packet).
- Complete final defense and submit Final Exam Report (part of graduation packet) to GSSP.
- Submit thesis online and required documentation to GSSP.
- Schedule exit interview with Graduate Programs Coordinator.