Physical therapy for your equine partner
The University of Minnesota Equine Center is not just for sick or injured horses. Your healthy, sound partner can also benefit from the knowledgeable staff and state-of-the-art facilities at the Equine Center. The high-speed treadmill and AquaPacer offer conditioning benefits to help your horse build muscle mass, strength, range of motion, and cardiovascular fitness. Let the rehabilitation team at the Equine Center help your partner reach the next level.
• Therapeutic exercise program
• Conditioning exercise program
- Land and water treadmills
• Therapeutic ultrasound
• Shockwave therapy
• Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
• Hot and cold therapy
• Stem-cell therapy
Problems treated with rehabilitation therapy
• Superficial and deep digital flexor tendon injuries
• Suspensory ligament desmitis
• Contracted tendons
• Tying-up, muscle soreness/stiffness, back pain
• Muscle atrophy
Other rehabilitation services
• Post-surgical rehabilitation
• Initial conditioning after lay-up
• Ongoing conditioning
Horses may be scheduled for evaluation Monday through Friday. After a physical examination and review of your horse’s medical records, our staff will formulate a rehabilitation or conditioning program based on individual needs. Package prices for extended therapy and long-term conditioning are available.
For an appointment or more information, call 612 625 6700.