- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University, 1995
- Bachelor of Science, Texas A&M University, 1993
- Emergency/Critical Care Residency, Tufts University 1996 - 1999
- Internship, The Animal Medical Center, 1995 - 1996
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC)
- Sepsis and septic shock
- Albumin use in critically ill dogs and cats
- Respiratory disease
- Emergency and Critical Care (ECC) elective clinical rotation for fourth year veterinary students
- ECC elective didactic course for third year veterinary students
- Clinical course coordinator for the small animal hospital clerk duty rotations, third and fourth year veterinary students.
- Assist house officers (interns and residents) with emergency and critical care patients
- Program advisor for the ECC residency program, preparing residency candidates for board certification in the ACVECC
- Powell LL. “FAST and TFAST. Ultrasound Examinations for Rapid Diagnosis in Emergency Patients”. Clinician’s Brief, April 2011
- Tart KM and Powell LL. “4-methylpyrazole as a treatment in naturally occurring ethylene glycol intoxication in cats”. J Vet Emerg Crit Care, 2011;21(3):268-272
- Rutter CR, Rozanski EA, Sharp CR, Powell LL, Kent M. Outcome and medical management in dogs with lower motor neuron disease undergoing mechanical ventilation: 14 cases (2003 – 2009). J Vet Emerg Crit Care, 2011;21(5):531-54
- Hall KE, Powell LL, Beilman GJ, Shafer KR, Skala VK, Olmstead EA. "Measurement of tissue oxygen saturation levels using portable near-infrared spectroscopy in clinically healthy dogs". Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care 2008; 18(6):594-600
- Heffner GG, Rozanski EA, Beal MW, Boysen S, Powell LL, Adamantos S. "Evaluation of freshwater submersion in animals: 28 cases (1996 - 2006)". J Am Vet Med Assoc; 232:244-248, Jan 15, 2008.
- Powell LL. "Respiratory Support for Acute Intensive Care." Clinician's Brief, 5(4): 12-16, April 2007.
- Todd JM, Powell LL. "Xylitol intoxication associated with fulminant hepatic failure in a dog." J. Vet Emerg Crit Care, 17(3):286-289, September 2007.
- Roberts JR, Powell LL. "Accdiental 5-Flurouracil Exposure in a Dog." Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care. 11(1):281-286, Oct-Dec 2001.
- Berent AC, Tood J, Sergeef J. Powell LL. "Carbon Monoxide Toxicity: A Case Series." J Vet Emerg Crit Care, 15(2): 128-135, June 2005.
- Quandt JE, Lee JA, Powell LL. Analgesia in Critically Ill Patients." Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet, 27(6): 433-446, June 2005
- Powell LL "Aspiration Pneumonia" Compendium's Standards of Care, Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, 3(1): 1-5, July 2001
- "Accidental 5-Flurouracil Exposure in a Dog" Authors: Roberts, JR; Powell, LL. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care, 11(1): 281-286, Oct-Dec 2001
For a complete listing of publications see also PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine.