Associate Clinical Professor
BS, Michigan State University
DVM, Michigan State University
PhD, University of Minnesota
- Nutritional management of renal diseases
- Nutrition needs of geriatric patients
- Obesity management
- Nutrition in the role of maintaining wellness
- Teaching Techniques
- Communication in Veterinary Medicine
- Weight loss management and obesity prevention
- Critical care nutrition
- Nutritional needs of geriatrics
- Role of nutrition in integrative medicine
- Small animal nutrition - veterinary technician students
- Principles of nutrition CVM 6134
- Small Animal Clinical Nutrition CVM 6136
- Professional communication
- JA Churchill, CA Osborne, DJ Polzin et al. Diet and time associated changes in renal structure and function of geriatric uninephrectomized female dogs. In preparation
- JA Churchill, DJ Polzin, CA Osborne, et al. Influence of moderate protein and fat restriction on morbidity and morality in geriatric uninephrectomized female dogs. In preparation
- R.E. Novo, J.A. Churchill, L. Faudskar and A.J. Lipowitz. Limited approach to right flank for placement of duodenostomy tube. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2001;37:193-199.
- J.A. Churchill PhD Thesis Univ. of MN June 2001. The influence of dietary protein, lipid, phosphorus and sodium on renal structure and function in geriatric dogs.
- Churchill J., Feeney D., Fletcher T., Osborne C., Polzin D. Effects of diet and aging on renal measurments in uninephrectomized geriatric bitches. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound. 1999;40:2 p233-240.
- Churchill J., Feeney D., Fletcher T., Osborne C., Polzin D. Age and diet effects on relative renal echogenicity in uninephrectomized geriatric bitches. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound. 1999;40:6 p642-647.
- Polzin D., Osborne C., Bartges J, James K., Churchill J., Chronic renal Failure. In Ettinger. and Feldman E (ed), Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine 4th ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co., 1734-1759.
- Crowe D., Devey J., Palmer D., Churchill J., The use of polymeric liquid enteral diets for nutritional support in seriously ill or injured small animals: clinical results in 200 patients. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1997; 33:6 , 500-508
- Churchill J. Polzin D., Osborne C., Adams L., The influence of dietary protein intake on progression of chronic renal failure in dogs. Seminars in Veterinary Medicine and Surgery. Aug. 1992, 244-250.
- For a listing of recent publications, see also PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- The Incorporation of Companion Animals in Senior Long Term Care Environment: An Educational Workshop Series.CENSHARE
- Impact on Feline Health of Raw Food versus Commercial Diets Ralston Purina