Peggy Root Kustritz
Professor and Assistant Dean of Education
BS, Biology, University of Minnesota, 1983
BS, Veterinary Science, University of Minnesota, 1983
DVM, University of Minnesota, 1987
PhD, Theriogenology, University of Minnesota, 1995
Diplomate, American College of Theriogenologists
- Testing for canine brucellosis
- Diagnosis and treatment of canine vaginitis
- Communication in Veterinary Medicine
- Teaching Techniques
- Reproductive management of dogs and cats
- Treatment of infertility
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the reproductive tract
- Small animal theriogenology
- Clinical Communications
- Larson C, Root Kustritz MV. Does intranasal vaccination with Bordetella bronchiseptica vaccine create false positive results on Rapid Slide Agglutination Tests used to detect Brucella canis infection in dogs? $10,567. AKC ACORN grant, 2011.
- Root Kustritz MV, Rice R. Evaluation of parameters for canine breeding management using banked serum. $9562.50. Society for Theriogenology Foundation, 2011.
For a listing of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine.
Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Course Coordination Award, 2008-2009
- Theriogenologist of the Year, Society for Theriogenology and American College of Theriogenologists, 2010
- Outstanding Contributions to Postbaccalaureate, Graduate, and Professional Teaching, 2011
- University of Minnesota Academic Health Center Award for Excellence in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 2011