DVM Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
MS Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
PhD University of Minnesota, USA
Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- Conselho Regional de Medicina Veterinária
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- The American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology
- The American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- International Society of Veterinary Dermatohistopathology
- Phi Zeta
- Pathogenesis and therapy of canine and feline atopic dermatitis
- Canine hypothyroidism
- Pathogenesis of non-inflammatory alopecias.
Dermatologic skin disorders of all domesticated species
Skin disorders of dogs, cats, horses, cattle, sheep, goats and pigs
For a listing of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- “Field safety and efficacy of investigational drug compared to placebo for the control of atopic dermatitis in client-owned dog”. 2011. $23,200.00. Sponsored by Pfizer Animal Health. PI.
- “Genome wide association analysis for sebaceous adenitis in Havanese dogs. 2011. $58,056.00. Sponsored by AKC Canine Health Foundation. Co-PI
- “Keratinocyte-microbial interactions in an in vitro canine skin model”. 2010. $26,144.00. Sponsored by Grant-in-Aid of Research, Artistry, & Scholarship Program. PI.
- “Dose Confirmation: Field Safety and Efficacy of PF-03394197 Compared to Placebo for the Control of Atopic Dermatitis in Client-Owned Dogs. 2010. $45,950. Sponsored by Pfizer Animal Health. PI.
Honors and Awards
- Received the Excellence in Course Coordination Award in recognition of outstanding contributions to student learning through excellence in course coordination, 2011
- Received the MVMA’s Outstanding Faculty Award for providing outstanding contributions to the veterinary profession as well as students, animal patients and colleagues at the college, 2011
- Received the Outstanding Faculty Award for providing outstanding service to faculty, staff and students at the College of Veterinary Medicine, 2010
- Received the Excellence in Course Coordination Award in recognition of outstanding contributions to student learning through excellence in course coordination, 2009
- Received a teaching incentive award by the College of Vet. Medicine, 2000