G. Elizabeth Pluhar
|Ph.D. ||University of Wisconsin ||Madison, Wisconsin ||1999 |
|M.S. ||Washington State University ||Pullman, Washington ||1995 |
|D.V.M. ||Oregon State University ||Corvallis, Oregon ||1989 |
|M.S. ||Northern Illinois University ||DeKalb, Illinois ||1979 |
|B.S. ||Northern Illinois University ||Northern Illinois University ||1978 |
American College of Veterinary Surgeons Diplomate 1999
- Small Animal Orthopedics - biomechanics, bone healing, fractures, orthopedic examinations, external coaptation, osteoarthrits, developmental bone diseases
- Animal models of orthopedic diseases
- Creating effective posters
- Canine neurosurgery - brain surgery
For a listing of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- Evaluation of Botulinum toxin Type A (BoNT/A) for the treatment of canine elbow osteoarthritis. Allergan, Principal Investigator.
- Hollow fiber catheters for drug delivery into brain tumors. National Institutes of Health (NINDS) and Twin Star Medical, co-Investigator.
- Role of NK cells in enhancing brain tumor immunotherapy. American Cancer Society, co-Principal Investigator.
- Gutless Adenovirus Mediated Gene Therapy for Glioma. National Institutes of Health (NINDS), Principal Investigator.
- FT-IR Microscopy of Mineral Structure in Osteoporosis. National Institutes of Health (NIAMS), Principal Investigator.
- Understanding and enhancing mechanisms of priming in cancer immunotherapy. National Institutes of Health (NIAMS), co-Principal Investigator.
- Improved pre-clinical model for orthopaedic trauma. US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, co-Principal Investigator.
Honors and Awards
- Resident Publication Award, mentor and co-author to Brian Rose, American College of Veterinary Surgeons, 2010
- Mark of Excellence Award, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, 2009
- Who's Who in 20th Century America, Marquis' Who's Who, 2003
- Hall of Fame Inductee, Oak Lawn Community High School, Oak Lawn, Illinois, 2003
- First Place Faculty Oral Presentation, Phi Zeta Research Day, Colorado State University, 2003
- First Place Faculty Poster Presentation, Phi Zeta Research Day, Colorado State University, 2003
- The William Harris Award (for outstanding work in orthopaedic research related to the hip), Orthopaedic Research Society and the Harris Fellows Club, 2002
- Second Place Faculty Oral Presentation, Phi Zeta Research Day, Colorado State University, 2000
- Annual Dissertator Travel Award, Animal Health and Biomedical Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1999
- First Place Pre-Doctoral Abstract Award, First Annual Department of Veterans Affairs Rehabilitation Research and Development National Meeting, Washington D.C., 1998
- Michelle Goulart, Ph.D. major advisor, 2008-2013
- Kristina Keifer, Ph.D. major advisor, 2008-2012
- Olivia Kilian, combined D.V.M./Ph.D. major advisor, 2007-2012
- Justin Uhl, D.V.M. residency and research project mentor, 2010-2013