VHS Surveillance Study Submission
1. Contact nearest veterinarian (see approved Fish Health Collector list) or DNR Pathology Lab to arrange collection of fish sample.
2. Call University of Minnesota Veterinary Diagnostic Lab (VDL) at (612) 624-7450 to notify when fish will arrive. Must arrive Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday each week.
3. Fill out submission form and give to Fish Health Collector.
4. Collect fish and send/deliver to VDL at the address on the submission form.
5. Await VHS results. Results will be updated online each Friday. Hard copies will be provided upon request.