Information for veterinarians
The College of Veterinary Medicine provides a variety of services for veterinarians, from consultations with specialists to diagnostic services, continuing education, and more.
- Refer a patient. With 16 specialty areas, state-of-the-art equipment such as a 3-T MRI, CT, and linear accelerator, and 24/7 availability, the Veterinary Medical Center is here to help with especially complicated cases. Find out more about referring animals, download a referral guide, complete and submit an online referral request, and use My VMC to access the records of patients you’ve already referred.
- Get Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory services. The Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory provides quality diagnostic services, including necropsy, bacteriology, clinical chemistry, electron microscopy, serology, endocrinology, histopathology, immunohistochemistry, virology, parasitology, molecular diagnostics, and toxicology. Find contact information, submission guidelines, and forms; check out the latest information about new and updated tests; and get your results online.
- Participate in a clinical trial. College of Veterinary Medicine researchers are studying new treatments for diseases such as cancer and osteoarthritis, and rely on referrals from veterinarians in the community. By participating in a study, animals are often able to obtain treatment their owners otherwise couldn’t afford. Learn more about the Clinical Investigation Center and see lists of current and completed clinical trials.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities. The college offers a variety of continuing education programs, from simulcast lectures and online programs to international conferences. Topics range from companion animal medicine to dairy and swine production to the management of captive raptors. Learn more and register online.
- Connect with fellow alumni. Are you a graduate of the College of Veterinary Medicine? If so, you are a member of the CVM Alumni and Friends Society! Get involved, check out the calendar of upcoming alumni receptions, sign up for the Mentor Connection Program, and let the college know what’s new with you.