Sunday, September 20, 2015
Crowne Plaza St. Paul Riverfront Hotel
The conference begins with scientific poster presentations during the Opening Reception on Sunday evening. From 5-7 p.m. you will have an opportunity to discuss new research findings with poster presenters in the relaxed atmosphere of the Great River Ballroom at the Crowne Plaza St. Paul Riverfront Hotel. Join your colleagues for the Opening Reception; enjoy hors d’oeuvres and beverages. Posters will also be moved to the RiverCentre by the presenting author for viewing at the main conference on Monday, September 21.
Abstract submission deadline is July 10, 2015
If you wish to submit a written abstract for consideration, guidelines and instructions are listed below. Please review carefully as guidelines and instructions have changed.
• All submissions are due July 10-no exceptions or extensions will be granted!
• Submission must include the 2015 Leman Abstract Submission Form and follow all of the guidelines, including formatting. Failure to follow guidelines will result in the return of the abstract to the author.
• To ensure scientific rigor a maximum of sixty (60) abstracts will be accepted.
• Only up-to-date developments and new research will be accepted. Abstracts that contain information that has been presented previously (recently) will not be considered for acceptance.
• Presenting author must register for the conference and be present during the Opening Reception on Sunday, September 20 to discuss his/her poster with conference attendees. Failure to attend the opening reception with your poster will result in the lack of acceptance of future abstract submissions.
• All submissions will be reviewed and judged based on scientific merit.
• Presenting author will be notified if his/her abstract is accepted for poster presentation by August 12.
Student Abstracts: All student abstracts that are accepted will be reviewed by three recent Science in Practice award winners, who will choose the top four abstracts based on scientific merit and originality. Those four posters will receive ribbons.
Abstracts submission guidelines
All presenting authors must submit the 2015 Leman Abstract Submission Form (see above for form) along with two copies of the abstract:
1. First copy: First line is the title, second line the author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), followed by the body of the abstract.
2. Second copy: First line is the title and then the body of the abstract only. No identifiers included as this abstract will be used for review.
• Single page, one inch margins, two columns Word document
• Times New Roman font, 11 point
• Headings must include title, author(s), and affiliation(s) (centered)
• Single space, blank line between paragraphs
• No page numbers
• Do not use any color in the document
Head Section: Title, authors and institution
Title should be written in all capital and bold. List all authors' names (e.g., JH Donald - do not use all capital) and underline the presenting author. Please use italic letters for the name of each author's institution; city and country (identify each author by superscript in number (e.g., 1Department, City, Country). The title, authors and institution should be aligned in center.
Body of Abstract
Each abstract should concisely describe the problem being addressed (Introduction), how the study was performed (Materials and Methods), the results or findings (Results), and what the authors conclude from the results (Conclusions and Discussion). Table or Figure title should appear above the table or figure. Each Table and Figure should be embedded and cited in the Results text, and numbered consecutively. The author(s) may make Acknowledgements if any. References must be listed in the order in which they are cited according to lead authors' last name and numbered consecutively. List the first author and add "et al." when there are 2 or more authors. Then list the year of paper published, abbreviated journal name without the title of paper but with volume and page numbers. (e.g.,1. Hurd RA: 1999, Am J Vet Res 45:1449. 2. Park RA et al.: 2005, Vet Pathol 39: 721.)
Submit your abstract via email to email@example.com. All submissions are due July 10, 2015 and are subsequently reviewed. Authors are notified if their abstract is accepted for poster presentation by August 12. Acceptance of abstract does not include complimentary conference registration.
Posters presentation guidelines
• The poster should show the full title of your abstract.
• Text should be brief and well organized, presenting only enough data to support your conclusions.
• The text should make clear the significance of your research.
• The text should include (most likely as separate elements of the poster) your hypothesis, methods, results, and conclusions.
• The text should not differ significantly from the material submitted for presentation.
• Measurements. Posters must fit within a display space that is 4 feet high by 4 feet wide.
• A clear, simple, uncluttered arrangement is the most attractive and the easiest to read.
• The title lettering should be at least 3"/8cm high, with authors' names and affiliations in somewhat smaller print. Presenting authors name should be underlined.
• All lettering should be legible from a distance of approximately 5'/1.5m. Type size should be at least 24 point, in bold style. The typeface chosen should be a simple and clear typeface (e.g., Helvetica). Titles should be in all upper case letters. The remainder of the text should be in a combination of upper and lower case letters.
• Color may be used as desired.
• Illustrations should be simple and eye-catching, with unnecessary detail left out. If possible, convert tables to graphic displays. Pie graphs can be used to show parts of a whole, line graphs can be used to show trends or changing relationships, and bar graphs can be used to show volumes.
• Photos should be enlarged enough to show relevant detail.
• Standard computer printouts do not work well on posters, because the type is too small and the lines are too thin to be seen from a distance.