You may refer patients to us in two ways:
- Call the Large Animal Hospital at 612-625-6700.
- After hours, call Emergency Service at 612-625-9711
- Email Information: email@example.com
Please follow these guidelines
- Confirm all phone numbers for owners before making referrals to avoid a delay in processing the appointment.
- Send a copy of the medical record and appropriate radiographs with the client. Digital radiology images of all formats are accepted, however, the VMC would prefer that the original DICOM formatted images be sent whenever possible
- If anesthesia is anticipated, send the results of lab work completed within the previous month.
- Directions, maps, parking, payment, and visiting information are available on our website http://www.cvm.umn.edu/vmc
Our goal is to communicate your patient's progress to you as appropriate. Our clinicians will provide you with a verbal report, as soon as possible, when a significant event occurs related to the patient's care. This includes a major shift in the diagnosis, treatment plan, or the death of the patient.
We will notify you within 48 hours of discharge of the preliminary findings and discharge instructions provided your client. To receive a copy of your patient's medical records, please contact the Large Animal Hospital Front Desk at 612-625-6700. As a public institution, we must receive permission from the client to release records prior to processing your request.
Finally, if you have any questions related to the process of your referral, please feel free to contact us at 612-625-6700.
The VMC is primarily supported by fees for service. While every effort is made to control costs, modern veterinary medical care can become costly. All VMC clients are asked to sign a statement in which they accept financial responsibility for the care of their companion animal. Upon patient admission, our medical staff will provide your client with an estimate of the anticipated service fees for the first 24 hours of care. Adjusted estimates are provided as medical care progresses.
Payment for services fees may be made via cash, check or major credit card. Our accounting staff is readily available to answer all billing and payment questions.