Small Animal Referral
Refer Small Animal Patient
You may refer small animal patients to us in one of four ways:
- Complete and send via fax a Small Animal Referral Information form to the Customer Contact Center at 612-624-8779.
- Complete and submit an online Referral Request
- Call the Customer Contact Center at 612-626-VETS (8387) or 800-258-6838.
- After hours, call Emergency Service at 612-626-VETS (8387).
Please follow these guidelines:
- Fill out the referral form completely and attach the medical record and fax to 612-624-8779 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not write "see enclosed records". Use our forms whenever possible to make certain our clinicians have all the information they need.
- Indicate whether you are referring for a consultation, diagnosis, diagnosis and treatment, or second opinion.
- Confirm all phone numbers for owners before making referrals to avoid a delay in processing the appointment.
- If anesthesia is anticipated, send the results of lab work completed within the previous month.
- Send a copy of the medical record and appropriate radiographs with the client. When at all possible, please send radiographs as original DICOM image files.
Other helpful information
- Our fee increases usually occur in July. We will make every effort to provide you with an updated list of costs for common procedures.
- Call Emergency Services, 612-626-VETS (8387), to arrange emergency referrals after hours.
- Emergencies are defined as a medical incident or condition which, if not treated immediately, would result in long-lasting morbidity or mortality.
- Non-emergent referrals should be arranged during our normal business hours.
- Specialists are available for consultations via the emergency service after hours or on weekends.
- Call the Customer Contact Center at 612-626-VETS (8387) if you do not receive information on your patient in timely manner.
- Concerns may be discussed with the Director of Customer Service at 612-624-1408.