The Primary Care service provides fourth year veterinary students the opportunity to gain experience typically found in a general private practice setting, including:
- New puppy/kitten evaluation and client education.
- Develop individualized preventative health care options.
- Heartworm disease prevention, testing, and symptoms.
- Geriatric management
Primary Care facilitates Advanced Veterinary Imaging Direct, which provides the most advanced imaging technology available to private practicioners. Interpretation provided by the VMC's team of experienced radiologists include:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Ultrasound +/- fine needle aspirates or biopsies