- Specialty compounding of extemporaneous products for veterinary patients in capsules, ear drops, eye drops, injectable medications, suspensions, etc.
- Sterile compounding of IV admixtures in a USP 797 compliant hood room.
- Veterinary consulting to referring DVMs
- Pharmacotherapy consultation
- Controlled substance management.
After Hours Dispensary*:
When the pharmacy is not open, there is a veterinarian run dispensary to take care of the medication needs of clients. Clients may pick up prescriptions that were filled in the pharmacy during dispensary hours.
Before October 1st, 2015 the afterhours dispensary hours will be from 5 pm to 9 pm Monday thru Friday and from 9 am to 1 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
After October 1st, 2015 the afterhours dispensary hours will be from 5 pm to 10 pm Monday thru Friday and 8 am to 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
*Please allow extra time for pick-up during after-hours pick-up
The University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center Pharmacy is licensed by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy, as well as operating under other federal and state agencies.
Federal law prohibits our pharmacy from selling medications to private practices, filling prescriptions for non-VMC patients or filling prescriptions written by non-VMC veterinarians. Sales of pharmaceuticals for true emergencies (e.g., antidotes) are acceptable.