- Specialty compounding of extemporaneous products for veterinary patients in capsules, ear drops, eye drops, injectable medications, suspensions, etc.
- Sterile compounding of IV admixtures in a USP 797 compliant hood room.
- Veterinary consulting to referring DVMs
- Pharmacotherapy consultion
- Controlled substance management.
*Please allow extra time for pick-up during after-hours pick-up
(Monday thru Friday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
The University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center Pharmacy is licensed by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy, as well as operating under other federal and state agencies.
Federal law prohibits our pharmacy from selling medications to private practices, filling prescriptions for non-VMC patients or filling prescriptions written by non-VMC veterinarians. Sales of pharmaceuticals for true emergencies (e.g., antidotes) are acceptable.