Fees charged for services support the Veterinary Medical Center. A very small part of our budget (less than nine percent) comes from the State of Minnesota. We make every effort to provide reasonable costs for services, but modern veterinary care can be very costly. Unfortunately, we do not have the funds to provide free or low-cost care.
Please review our payment policy with your clients before the referral. Medical Imaging procedures are not inexpensive and we don't want your clients to have any surprises about the cost of testing.
Outpatient care is the care that is entirely completed on the day of your animal's visit. Our payment policy requires payment in full at the time of completion of outpatient care. Payment options include cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express credit card, and CareCredit loans.
The following are approximate cost for the medical imaging procedures:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) ( $1436 - $2200 )
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan ( $916 - $1300 )
- Ultrasound ( $464 - $544 )
- Ultrasound with Biopsy ( $630 - $1000 )
- Special Procedures
- Cystourethrography ( $900 - $1000 )
- Dynamic Esophagography ( $400 - $500 )
- Fluoroscopy ( $280 - $290 )
- Intravenous Urography (IVU) ( $615 - $650 )
- Upper Gastrointestinal (GI) Series ( $690 - $790 )
- The estimated costs are effective July 1, 2008. Please note fees can change and we will provide an accurate estimate at the time of the procedure.
- This is the total price and includes patient care and monitoring, sedation and / or general anesthesia if indicated, and all professional fees for the service. The estimated cost does not include any bloodwork or additional radiographs that may be requested.
We require a deposit equal to 75 percent of the high end of the initial estimate. We cannot provide care to your animal without this payment. We will work with you to find ways to make payment. If more care or testing is required beyond the initial estimate, additional payment must be made before care is given. If you have an outstanding bill, we cannot provide additional services until the past-due balance is paid in full.
Our accounting office can answer your billing questions. Their phone numbers are 612-625-2745 or 612-625-0274.