Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
1333 Gortner Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
Ph.D., University of Minnesota, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2007
D.V.M., University of Minnesota, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1997
B.A., University of Minnesota, Morris, English with Distinction, 1991
Marie Gramer is a veterinary diagnostician working with all species, but having special interest in diseases of food animals, especially swine. Her research involves the antigenic and genetic characterization of swine influenza viruses (SIV), pathogenesis of unique SIV infections in pigs, and the possible impact these viruses may have on current vaccination protocols in place in the US swine industry.
- Diagnosis of infectious diseases of swine and cattle.
- CVM 6502 Necropsy
- CVM 6842 Swine Disease, Diagnosis, Therapy and Prevention.
- CVM 6300 Veterinary Pathology
- CVM 6806 Food animal Diseases and Diagnostics
- CVM 6855 Principles of Population Based Diagnostics and Therapeutics
- VMed 5420 Molecular Epidemiology of Infectious Disease
For a listing of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine, and Google Scholar.