Ricardo C. Chebel
225 Veterinary Medical Center
1365 Gortner Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
DVM – Universidade Paulista (2000)
Dairy Production Resident – University of California Davis (2004)
MPVM – University of California Davis (2004)
Production medicine with focus on: reproductive management of lactating cows and heifers; hormonal manipulation of the estrous cycle to improve conception and reduce embryonic loss; associations among maternal hormonal profiles, embryo quality, and pregnancy maintenance; management of transition cows and its impacts on immune, metabolic and health parameters; treatment of postpartum diseases; and, superovulation and gamete cryopreservation techniques of bovine species.
- Dairy cattle theriogenology
- Bovine/Large Animal obstetrics and gynecology
- Bovine reproductive pathology
- Bovine reproductive diagnostic techniques
- Dairy production medicine
For a listing of publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health, and Google Scholar.
- Supplementation of progesterone via CIDR inserts during resynchronization of non-pregnancy lactating dairy cows. (Pfizer Animal Health).
- Additive effect of a CIDR device during a presynchronized resynchronization protocol. (Pfizer Animal Health)
- Intra-uterine immunomodulator: inflammatory response, neutrophil function, and reproductive performance of dairy cows. (Academic Health Center, University of Minnesota).
- Effects of stocking density and grouping strategies of prepartum dairy cows on wellbeing, behavior, innate and humoral immunity, and productive and economic performance. (Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station, University of Minneosta)
- Gestational weight loss in cattle: a model to study immune and metabolic profiles of the dam and offspring and neurodevelopment in neonates. (College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota)
Honors and Awards
House Officer Seminar Day Award – Best Large Animal research. 26th annual House Officer Seminar Day, University of California – Davis, April 2004, Davis, CA
Luís G. D. Mendonça – Master in Science and Dairy Production Residency (U of M), expected 06/2011
Paula R. B. Silva – Master in Science (U of M), expected 12/2012
João G. N. Moraes – Master in Science (U of M), expected 12/2012