225 Veterinary Medical Center
1365 Gortner Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
B.Sc. University of Guelph (1989)
D.V.M. University of Guelph (1993)
D.V.Sc. University of Guelph (1998)
- Applied research in calf health management, mastitis control, Johne's disease control and transition cow management.
- Epidemiologic studies of MRSA and Shiga toxin producing E. Coli on Minnesota dairy farms.
- Veterinary Science:
- Clinical epidemiology
- Metabolic diseases of ruminants
- Applied dairy nutrition
- Johne's disease, biosecurity
- Calf health management
- Housing and cow comfort
For a listing of recent publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine, and Google Scholar.
- "Evaluation of Control Points to Reduce Transmission of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis in Dairy Cattle," College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota
- "FT-IR Microscopy of Mineral Structure in Osteoporosis Part 2," NIH
- "Evaluation of administration of Bovamine® in the first colostrum on feeding on passive transfer of immunoglobulins in newborn Jersey calves," NPC, Inc.
- "An investigation of Selenium status on the success of passive transfer of immunoglobulin and general health in newborn dairy calves," Dairy Farmers of Canada
- "Development and application of a Minnesota dairy health surveillance network," Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station
Honors and Awards
- 5/2010 Award for Excellence in Didactic Teaching - Veterinary Population Medicine Department
- 5/2007 Award for Excellence in Didactic Teaching - Veterinary Population Medicine Department
- Christina Foutz, MPH - co-advisor