BS, Chemical Engineering; cognate in Asian Studies, 1986
Cum laude, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Food System Vulnerability/Risk Assessment
- Food System Modeling
- Terrorism Preparedness
- Shaun Kennedy. "Food Safety," Chapter in Encyclopedia of Bioterrorism Defense, 2nd Edition. Rebecca Katz and Raymond A. Zilinskas, Ed. Wiley-Blackwell, 2011.
- Shaun Kennedy and Elizabeth Cunningham. (Fall 2010) "Food Contamination: An Economic and Health Threat." FDQ: Food & Drink Quarterly 6(3): 22-25.
- Morgan Hennessey, Shaun Kennedy and Frank Busta. Demeter's Resilience: An International Food Defense Exercise. Journal of Food Protection 73(7): 1353-1356, July 2010.
Kennedy, Shaun. “Why Can’t We Test Our Way to Absolute Food Safety?” Science, 12 December 2008.
- Kennedy, S. P., “Food Defense: Post-Harvest Preparedness,” Federal Efforts to Mitigate Vulnerabilities in the Food Supply Chain., Testimony to the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Emerging Threats, Cybersecurity, and Science and Technology, 2007
- Hoffman, J. and S. P. Kennedy, “International Cooperation to Defend the Food Supply Chain: Nations Are Talking; Next Step—Action ,” Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, 40: 1169-1178, 2007.
- Kennedy, S. P. and F. Busta; “Biosecurity: Food Protection and Defense” Chapter 5 in Food Microbiology: Fundamentals and Frontiers, 3rd Edition, (M. Doyle and L. Beuchatt editors), 2007
Honors and Awards
- 2007 FDA Commissioner’s Special Citation
- 2009 U.S. Department of Homeland Security S&T Impact Award