Created in 2004, the Department of Veterinary Population Medicine (VPM) merged Clinical and Population Sciences with Veterinary Diagnostic Medicine, thereby creating unique opportunities to address some of today’s most pressing issues in veterinary medicine.
The Department holds to these values:
- Science and Knowledge…we value first and foremost the discovery, integration and application of new knowledge.
- Teaching and Learning…we educate undergraduate, graduate and professional students and veterinarians by delivering the most up-to-date scientific information in effective ways, by encouraging leadership, by facilitating experiential learning and by using technology to enhance the learning process.
- People…we respect and support our colleagues, are committed to fostering a caring and cohesive work environment, and we are dedicated to developing the skills, expertise and diversity of the faculty, staff and students.
- Engagement…we proactively develop and support partnerships with individuals and organizations that share our scientific, professional, educational and policy interests.
- Accountability…we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards; we take responsibility for our actions in all facets of our work; we strive continuously to enhance our programs and services; we measure our effectiveness; and we report on our progress.
- Leadership…we lead by influencing and contributing to science, food animal agriculture, animal welfare, the veterinary profession, animal health and public health.
225 Veterinary Medical Center
1365 Gortner Avenue
University of Minnesota
St. Paul, MN 55108