Many VPM faculty members are associated with College and University centers. Below is a list of centers with VPM connections:
- The Center for Animal Health and Food Safety has as its mission to contribute to the safety and security of the global food system and significantly strengthen our ability to anticipate and respond to emerging issues and imminent threats from animal and foodborne illnesses.
- Center for Dairy Health, Management, and Food Quality - The mission of the Center for Dairy Health, Management, and Food Quality of the College of Veterinary Medicine is to enhance dairy animal health and welfare and the efficient, profitable, and environmentally sound production of quality food for the consumer.
- Dairy Education Center - The University of Minnesota’s College of Veterinary Medicine and Davis Family Dairies have joined forces to create a unique partnership between a public university and a private dairy. The result is an academic facility and program of education and research that is merged into a commercial dairy committed to producing high-quality milk, economic success, environmental stewardship and outstanding animal welfare.
- The Equine Center of the University of Minnesota is committed to advancing the health, well being, and performance of the horse.
- The Neuromuscular Diagnostic Lab at the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to the diagnosis and advancement of our understanding of muscle disorders in large animals.
- The Swine Disease Eradication Center has a primary focus of understanding the pathogenesis and epidemiology of the target diseases and from there develop and validate strategies and techniques for their successful eradication under field conditions.
- The Comparative Pathology Shared Resource provides full pathology support for Cancer Center members who use laboratory animals in their research. This includes generation of histological sections from frozen and formalin fixed animal tissues, detection of common cell antigens by immunohistochemistry, and development of new immunohistochemical protocols. The resource also provides lesion analysis, interpretation, and imaging services by board-certified veterinary pathologists.
The Veterinary Medical Center sees many large animal cases each year. VPM faculty are intimately involved in the treatment of these often valuable animals.
The Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory is Minnesota's premier diagnostic facility for domestic animals and wildlife. VPM faculty serve as diagnosticians as well as conducting research to develop the next generation of accurate testing procedures.
Blood and Laboratory Support Services is an essential resource for Minnesota's medical research and device industry.