Many VPM faculty members are associated with College and University centers. Below is a list of centers with VPM connections:
- The Center for Animal Health and Food Safety has as its mission to contribute to the safety and security of the global food system and significantly strengthen our ability to anticipate and respond to emerging issues and imminent threats from animal and foodborne illnesses.
- Center for Dairy Health, Management, and Food Quality. The mission of the Center for Dairy Health, Management, and Food Quality of the College of Veterinary Medicine is to enhance dairy animal health and welfare and the efficient, profitable, and environmentally sound production of quality food for the consumer.
- The Equine Center of the University of Minnesota is committed to advancing the health, well being, and performance of the horse.
- The Neuromuscular Diagnostic Lab at the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to the diagnosis and advancement of our understanding of muscle disorders in large animals.
- The Swine Center offers conferences and workshops around the state for swine veterinarians and producers.
- The Swine Disease Eradication Center has a primary focus of understanding the pathogenesis and epidemiology of the target diseases and from there develop and validate strategies and techniques for their successful eradication under field conditions.
- The Transition Management Facility of the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Minnesota is a unique public-private partnership in dairy management and education. This state-of-the art facility operates in a commercial production setting with the added mission of providing advanced education and applied research to support our dairy industry and serve the consumers of dairy foods.
The Comparative Pathology Shared Resource provides full pathology support for Cancer Center members who use laboratory animals in their research. This includes generation of histological sections from frozen and formalin fixed animal tissues, detection of common cell antigens by immunohistochemistry, and development of new immunohistochemical protocols. The resource also provides lesion analysis, interpretation, and imaging services by board-certified veterinary pathologists.
The Veterinary Medical Center sees many large animal cases each year. VPM faculty are intimately involved in the treatment of these often valuable animals.
The Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory is Minnesota's premier diagnostic facility for domestic animals and wildlife. VPM faculty serve as diagnosticians as well as conducting research to develop the next generation of accurate testing procedures.
Blood and Laboratory Support Services is an essential resource for Minnesota's medical research and device industry.